Because cats on leashes aren't silly enough, here's a collection of cute piggies that enjoy hitting the streets. Why not let your favorite porker enjoy a Summer's stroll, right? From cuties decked out with bows to swine seriously lovin' the exercise, click through for a sweet collection of pigs on leashes.
It was a tense moment at the petting zoo last week: while crossing a pond, a baby goat's foot became stuck underwater, and the poor horned one could only flail his legs and bleat for help. Fortunately, he need not fear for long because a good samaritan swooped in for the save, dislodging the goat's foot and guiding him to shore. Who was this lifeguarding hero? Check out this video for the answer!
The final event of the Food and Wine Classic is a pork showdown known as the Grand Cochon. Cochon 555 is a roaming culinary competition that takes place in 10 cities across the nation. In each of the cities, five chefs are given five heritage pigs; they have to make the most creative and delicious pork dishes. The winner from each city heads to Aspen to fight it out for the Prince of Porc title. After an entire weekend of eating and drinking, it was hard to stomach all 10 dishes, but I did manage to taste a lot of them. Here's an inside look at the porky party.
- Trend backlash: dining concepts that never did take off.
- Trend backlash: dining concepts that never did take off. — Eater NY
- The FDA's finally tracking antibiotics in meat. — The Atlantic
- Blue Ribbon Sushi's Bromberg brothers take on Vegas. — Fork in the Road
- The fight over the Chairman Bao name continues. — The Feast
- What Jamie Oliver doesn't understand about American eating behavior. — Esquire
- Get to know pig breeds that could be the next pork wave. — NY Mag
- What to drink with that holiday prime rib roast. — Serious Eats
- Food fantasies are the secret to weight loss. — Slashfood
These fuzzy lil' piggies are so sweet, but did you know the name Kunekune means fat and round in Maori. Forget those fighting words, I think they are all-around winners in cuteness. Happy Sunday!
Look closely: this piggie has a little pal riding, well, piggyback. It's so cute to watch, but this monkey jockey certainly has quite the grip to stay up top. Check it out below!
To take a look at the other competitors and their dishes, check out all my photos from the event after the break.
Pigs are really having their moment, wouldn't you say?! Especially with those micro pigs over in the UK, seems that baby oinkers are photogenic superstars lately. Case in point with these lil ones — check out the interesting feeding process by zoo visitors. Makes me want to book a plane ticket . . .