- The Obamas had a ball at the Correspondents' Dinner — Sex & Culture
- The most luxurious baby shower gifts ever — Moms
- What the stars wore to the White House Correspondents' Dinner — Fashion
- Johnny Depp, the Olsens, and more attend a secret Stones show — Celebrity
- Eleven tech gifts perfect for Mother's Day — Tech
- Ways to make your home more green than ever — Home
- Paul Rudd has a movie you're bound to love at Tribeca! — Entertainment
- Long-lasting bridal makeup tips — Beauty
- Margarita mixes made of quality ingredients — Food
- Post-workout snacks under 150 calories — Fitness
- Steps to planning your dream vacation — Smart Living
- Organic dog treats worth begging for — Pets
The holidays are here, and the White House is decked out for the season! We were able to tour the White House last week to see the 54 trees and other adornments up in their public spaces. Various themes were employed across the many rooms, honoring veterans, the first lady's commitment to being environmentally friendly, and tradition.
We were among the thousands expected to tour the space over the coming holiday season and, fortunately, snapped photos along the way to share! Take a tour with us through the common rooms of the White House to see this year's decorations.
- What Glee should do with their new characters this season
- Six recipes to ensure a festive guacamole day
- Angelina Jolie advocates for Syrian refugees in Iraq
- Easy ways to fill in sparse brows
- There were plenty of hot men at NYFW, too
- Which celebrity babies were the biggest NYFW fans?
- The best street style from London Fashion Week
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick get in the real estate flipping business
- Video: Our predictions on who will take home the drama Emmys
- Make time to voting despite your 9-to-5 schedule
- Football basics for the casual fan
- Get to know the 2012 National Dressage champions
- CelebStyle: Diane Kruger's introductory lesson on crop-top wearing
- Do you plan to preorder the iPhone 5?
- Get ready to wear wedge sneakers this Fall
- Tone your arms with Cameron Diaz's trainer
- Simple but decadent side dishes
- Kate Middleton joins Princes William and Harry at a wedding
- Get excited — Moroccanoil is launching body care
- Get to know the man behind the monarch, Prince Philip
- Rebecca Taylor talks about her collection for girls
- The ultimate Spring dress guide
- Antique-hunting adventure at the Alameda Point Antiques Faire
- How well do you know the new True Blood characters?
- Video: Jimmy Fallon meets Carly Rae Jepsen
- Summer travels: 11 natural wonders in North America
- Twelve horses who almost won the Triple Crown
- CelebStyle: Carry a knuckle clutch like Jennifer Aniston
- Maybe Zooey Deschanel and Siri aren't such good friends
Jane Fonda's back on the big screen in director Bruce Beresford's Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding. The picture, which is out in limited release this Friday, sees Jane playing Grace, the hippie matriarch of a family with three generations of strong women. Catherine Keener plays her straight-laced daughter, and Elizabeth Olsen is Grace's wide-eyed granddaughter. We caught up with Jane this week in NYC, and she wasn't shy about discussing any aspect of her storied past. Jane talked about her career and even her decade-long marriage to Ted Turner. As it turns out, Jane — who makes a conscious decision to project a glamorous image at age 74 — is also in the process of writing books about sexuality for middle- and high-schoolers. We learned a lot more about Jane during the conversation. Check out highlights below:
- On how she expected 74 to feel: "Several years ago, I didn't even imagine I'd be alive at 74, much less starring in a movie. Everything is a surprise to me, including . . . that I am happier than I have ever been, and that certainly is not what I would have expected."
- On being happy at this point in her life: "You know something — I will have to say that a chunk of it has to do with Ted Turner. Spending 10 years — you don’t come out of spending 10 years with Ted Turner the same way that you went in. What that meant for me is that I come from a long line of depressed people — and so does Ted — but Ted is this rambunctious, over-the-top, funny person. He can be very outrageous. But I learned how to laugh with him, and I learned that it's OK to just be out there, and then you fall flat on your face, and then you get up! I don't know. Everything became lighter. Part of it has to do with Ted, and I am grateful for that."
- On her similarities with her character Grace, and those family troubles: "It fits very well in the sense that I am a grandmother and I have had daughter issues that are resolved. As I get older, more and more I realize — is there anymore important in life than love and forgiveness? And the reason I wanted to do the movie, besides to work with Bruce Beresford and Catherine Keener, is that I wanted make a movie about love and forgiveness, and a movie that made you feel good when you left. Not that I don't like my special effects and everything."
- On the availability of roles for women: "I think it's just beginning to get better in what could be a substantial way. I mean, it's a business. It's a market, and the marketers know that older women is the fastest-growing demographic. The fact is that Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has done hugely well. Meryl Streep's movies do hugely well financially. And I think that matters. I think that more and more television is making it possible for older women to be full, multidimensional people. I am always optimistic, and I think it's going to be better, yes."
To read more from Jane, including talk about her sexuality books for kids, the evolution of protesting, and making a conscious decision to be glamorous, just read more
- DIY tips to add style and personality to your wedding
- Eat by the colors of the rainbow
- All the stars who turned out for Coachella weekend one
- Which celeb wore the berry lip trend best?
- How to Spring clean your dating style
- Mock cocktails for expectant wedding guests
- The best accessories from Coachella
- 14 hot pictures of Zac Efron in The Lucky One
- Video: A history of Brad and Angelina talking marriage
- Do you have one of the best jobs in 2012?
- 10 diet and exercise tips from supermodels
- This adorable new giraffe was just born in a Madrid zoo!
- CelebStyle: These celebs show how to wear purple
- Four apps that will show you how to correctly re-create the sky on the Titanic
- 10 movies we want to see in 3D
- Five fuss-free and flavorful seafood meals
- Jennifer Garner and Violet Affleck are too cute en route to ballet
- See the best Kids' Choice Awards looks up close
- A history of the bikini
- Check out the sweet room Jenna Lyons designed for her son
- 10 eco-chic finds to kick off Earth Day
- 13 home decor pieces on sale that you can't miss!
- The Killing — get updated on what went down in season one, and what's to come
- Video: Which Gossip guy is best for Blair?
- Five simple ways to organize your living room
- One roasted chicken, five healthy recipes
- CelebStyle: Two-tone bags like Reese's bright Celine number!
- 5 ways to navigate the changing seasons in style
- Easy weeknight recipes from Giada De Laurentiis
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart get close on a smoke break
- Beautiful bridal styles from around the world
- Zooey Deschanel talks about being terrified of her sister Emily
- Alicia Silverstone feeds her son already chewed food out of her own mouth
- Top ten trends from the Architectural Digest 2012 Home Show
- Where to find The Hunger Games stars next
- Video: Details on George Clooney and Stacy Keibler's romantic Cabo vacation
- You drank too much at happy hour: how to handle it
- Get ready for bikini season with these 5 debloating foods
- CelebStyle: Happy birthday, Fergie! Re-create her boldest outerwear styles
- Twelve fresh laptop sleeves for Spring
- 20 years later: our favorite teen TV stars who are now parents!
- His royal hotness: the cutest photos from Prince Harry's South American tour
- Five fast and easy dinners perfect for Spring
- Brad Pitt takes Ellen DeGeneres on a tour of NOLA
- Emily Blunt, Melissa McCarthy, and more stars love watermelon lipstick
- The best and brightest — the trends that will be huge this Spring!
- Tour Carrie Bradshaw's $9.5 million NYC home, which is for sale
- The 10 best quotes from the Vampire Diaries at PaleyFest
- Video: Britney Spears says hosting the X Factor could be fun
- 22 cheap ways to treat yourself
- A guide to tummy-toning yoga poses
- CelebStyle: Rachel Bilson shares her sunglasses tips
- Details on an iPhone case that actually guarantees its cargo
- Standout accessories we're excited to see in the front rows during Fashion Week
- Would you drink a bacon shake?
- Prince Harry and David Beckham have a hot night out in London
- Celebs are loving Downton Abbey-esque updos
- Gwyneth Paltrow and more celebs who got active to support Planned Parenthood
- Start your party engines! How to throw a Cars-themed bash
- Easy tips to warm up the kitchen of your rental
- What's your take on Madonna's video with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.?
- Video: Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's sweetest moments
- Can you cash in on Facebook's IPO?
- A workout that can help you get Madonna's arms
- Did your pets get in on the Super Bowl action?
- Geek love: 10 couples from sci-fi and comic books
- Make a typography-inspired Valentine's Day mantel
Red-carpet fashion and beauty coverage:
- Who gets your pick for best dressed?
- Sexy slits and cutouts rocked the red carpet
- Vibrant colors were a big trend on the carpet
- Which actress rocked your favorite sexy slit?
- Seems like silver and gray were the colors of the evening!
- Headband braids were all the rage
- Find out who wore what
Catch up on other arrivals fun you may have missed:
- In case you missed it, check out our show from the red carpet!
- It was almost a double date for George and Stacy with Brad and Angelina!
- Aww — look back at the couples of yesterday at the SAG Awards past
- All the hot couples on the SAG red carpet
- Check out all the hotties in their bow ties
- There were lots of talented ladies catching up with their hilarious pals
- Tons more highlights from the show!
The list of all the winners, and more press room fun:
We were in Hollywood this morning broadcasting LIVE as the 2012 Oscar nominations were read by The Hunger Games leading lady Jennifer Lawrence, who was a up for an honor last year with Winter's Bone. We couldn't wait to find out if some of our award season favorites got love from the Academy. Will George Clooney be able to score another best actor statue for The Descendants? Can we expect The Artist to be crowned best picture? Is Angelina Jolie going to be honored with a nod for best director? If you missed the live stream, don't worry — we're replaying the nominations ceremony all morning!
Red carpet fashion and beauty coverage:
- Who was your pick for best dressed?
- It's always a treat to see Brad and Angelina posing for photos together
- How to replicate Jessica Alba's stunning look
- Mauve lips were quite the trend!
- Lots of ladies loved to wear sequins
- The 10 best Golden Globes hairstyles
- Fishtail dresses were a big trend
- Mila Kunis repped Dior on the carpet
- Zooey Deschanel's nails wore tuxes
- So many nude hues were on display!
- Emerald jewels light up the red carpet
Catch up on other arrivals fun you may have missed:
- Pitt, Clooney, Fassbender, and DiCaprio more than make up for Gosling's absence
- Which guy rocked his bow tie better?
- Natalie and Benjamin, George and Stacy, and more amazing red-carpet couples
- All the arrivals on the red carpet!
- So many foreign hotties at the Golden Globes
The list of all the winners, and more press room fun:
Red carpet fashion and beauty coverage:
- All the ladies fashion from the gray carpet
- The Descendants' Shailene Woodley sizzles in Calvin Klein
- Do you like Octavia Spencer's purple shadow?
- Viola Davis's hair and makeup perfected her look
- Emma Stone picks a fabulous Jason Wu
- Get a sleek white look like Stacy Keibler
Your favorite celebrity friends:
- The CCA was another lady love fest!
- See who mingled inside the Hollywood Paladium!
- Who would you rather — Brad, George, or Leo?
The list of all the winners, and more CCA fun:
- Who wore what to the People's Choice Awards!
- See the coolest beauty details up close!
- Do you think How I Met Your Mother's Cobie Smulders was the best dressed?
- It was little details that made Emma Stone's outfit pop
- Busy Philipps killed it in blue Carven
- All the stars who were pretty as a peach
- The top looks from the red carpet
Get your favorite red carpet looks:
- Shop Ginnifer Goodwin's hot pink Roksanda Ilincic look
- Get a red sequined dress like Alyson Hannigan
- Want to own a dress like Jennifer Lawrence's Viktor & Rolf?
- Do, dump, or marry these red carpet guys?
The list of all the winners, and more PCA fun
- Video: Five things you didn't know about Kate Middleton
- A super simple way to make French onion soup
- How adorable is Keri Russell's baby girl Willa Lou?
- Three things to avoid when having your picture taken
- Useful lessons we can learn from real and fictional princesses
- Like Jay-Z, musical and famous fathers who've written songs for their babies
- 10 pretty Winter dresses perfect to wear now
- Cute gooseneck lamps to dress up your desk!
- New Girl cutie Jake Johnson on getting nude for the small screen
- How to rebound from your holiday spending spree
- Five secrets to flat abs
- Test your knowledge of animal mascots for big universities
- Monster unveils seven new celebrity headphone lines
- How to make your mantel look perfect for Winter
- In honor of John and Chrissy, a history of model-musician duos
- The best sparkling wines to drink on New Year's
- Robert Pattinson hits his local pub on Christmas Eve!
- Get a head start on the biggest makeup trends of 2012!
- Gwen Stefani's new Harajuku Mini designs are nautical inspired
- 5 easy New Year's Eve outfits
- Chic party accessories for your end-of-year bash
- Vote on the best and worst romantic comedies of 2011
- Video: Which had a bigger year, Harry Potter or Twilight?
- From bottled water to premium gas, 11 things not worth the money
- 15 salty snacks under 150 calories
- A healthy recipe for pulled turkey chipotle chili
- City: the best LA spots to cure your Jan. 1 hangover
- Do companies want you to shop online while tipsy during happy hour?
Demi Moore is divorcing Ashton Kutcher, she announced today. In a statement, Demi seemed to allude to her and Ashton's recent troubles. She said:
"It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton. As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life. This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation."
Ashton, in turn, responded on Twitter. He wrote, "Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail."
Tell us — are you surprised that Demi and Ashton have decided to officially call it quits?
- Mind-bending braids you must see!
- 10 pumpkin treats you don't have to make!!
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson meets some cute kids at her latest launch
- A rumor we hope is true: is Kate Middleton pregnant?
- 10 creative ideas for your family holiday photos!
- Celebrate Emma Stone's style on her 24th birthday
- WSJ. Magazine editor Deborah Needleman on the perfectly imperfect home
- Do you want to see Jennifer Lopez as Carmen Sandiego?
- Video: Whoops! Kelly Rowland says Beyoncé's having a girl
- The basics on starting an emergency fund
- Find out who won the New York City marathon!
- How-tos for new cat owners!
- City: Find out what the head designer from J. Crew had to say in SF!
- Why you should use your mobile phone, not laptop, to find a date!
- How to make your own rope headboard!
I Think I Love You's Allison Pearson on Robert Pattinson's Teen Idol Status and Having SJP Star in Her Movie
Allison Pearson is a well-known columnist in the UK thanks to her frequent musings on politics, celebrities, and royals, and she's found additional success in her side career as a novelist. Her first book, I Don't Know How She Does It, is being made into a movie starring Sarah Jessica Parker, and her second was just published in the US. I Think I Love You is Allison's fictional story of Petra, a die-hard Welsh fan of David Cassidy in the '60s. The book, in two parts, focuses on Petra's worship of the teen heartthrob from afar during her adolescent years, and later when her path finally crosses David's as an adult. The subject of idolization certainly is one that girls today can relate to thanks to Twilight and Bieber fever. Allison was in NYC recently on a press tour that included a stop by The Today Show, and I was able to chat with her about modern idols like Robert Pattinson, the life of a writer, meeting SJP, and being married to New Yorker film critic Anthony Lane. Here's more:
TrèsSugar: How did you know the story of a teenage David Cassidy fan was the story you needed to write about as a second novel?
Allison Pearson: I didn't want to write another book because I was completely exhausted having written the first one and I'd done a lot of publicity for it. But I was in Norway with a group of women from the publisher and some journalists, and they said, "You have to write another book." And I said, "No way!" And then they said, "Well what would you write about if you were ever to write it?" . . . All the women around the table were chat, chat, chatting about Donny Osmond, this person, that person, and there was one woman who didn't say anything. The Norway women said David Cassidy was huge in Norway, which I didn't know. We were all chatting, and the woman who stayed very silent, I was thinking she thought we were all ridiculous. Then she looked at me and said, "But he was mine." And I thought, OK! That's it! You have to write it.
TS: It's about such a specific time in girls' lives.
AP: You don't want the boy to get out of the poster on the bedroom wall and come down, really. It's about being in love with someone who will never hurt you because you'll never meet them . . . It's quite a brief period — about a year or so. My daughter, who's quite a huge Robert Pattinson fan, would still claim to be. You know in Twilight, you've got camp Jacob and camp Edward. One of her very good friends admitted that she quite liked Taylor Lautner — the treachery! It's like she's defected from East Germany or something!
TS: Sounds like she's a saboteur!
AP: There's also that funny thing where they don't know if they're in love with the actor or the character. So she was team Edward, but then there was Rob . . . My husband [Anthony Lane], who writes about film for The New Yorker, said, "But he's not a good actor!" She's like, "Daddy, how can you say that!?"
To read more from Allison on modern idols like Robert Pattinson and Justin Bieber, as well as on meeting SJP, just read more