When I spotted this tip, I wondered why I didn't think of it myself! I know North's sweet plush toy collection can easily become a not-so-sweet breeding ground for all sorts of ickiness, just like your household sponge. I guess the yumyums stuck in your pet's teeth combined with floor dirt and slobber can create quite the coating!Just like people pop sponges into the microwave to kill bacteria, yeast, mold and more, you can actually do the same thing with your pup's favorite rope toy! Find out how when you read more.
Wet the rope toy under the faucet, shake off excess water, and place it on a safe dish in the microwave. Because of wattage variations, monitor the toy when you cook it up for one minute. Be careful when removing the dish and rope because it will be hot and (obviously) let it cool down/dry completely before giving it back to your pooch. Good as new!