Tomorrow is National Dog Biscuit Day — why not celebrate by treating your pooch to some homemade yummies? These healthy dog treats are a DIY-licious idea from Whole Foods. Although the depicted green comes from a pinch of parsley, dried mint can be swapped in for even fresher breath.If you're curious to learn the six ingredients and check out the recipe to bake for
1 banana, peeled
1 cup oat flour
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dried parsley
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 egg, beaten
Bake up these healthy, peanutty treats for your good boys and girls.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Put banana in a large boil and use a spoon or potato masher to mash it thoroughly.
- Add oat flour, oats, parsley, peanut butter and egg and stir well to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Roll mixture into 24 balls, using about 1 tablespoon dough for each; transfer to a large parchment paper-lined sheet tray as done.
- Use the back of a spoon or the heel of your hand to press each ball into a (1 1/2- to 2-inch) coin.
- Bake until firm and deep golden brown on the bottom, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
Storage note: It's best to store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Or, freeze them to give to your pal later; just be sure to thaw the treats before handing them out.
- Pet Treats, Dog Food
Source: Whole Foods Market