You usually hear heroic tales of dogs rushing to the rescue of their owners from seizures, accidents, and fires, but this is one story you don't hear everyday, and one that CoralAmber just had to share with me. A Melbourne family was rescued from a house fire by their pet bunny named "Rabbit", who alerted them of the trouble. How the heck did a rabbit do that, you ask?
The Finn family lets their six-month-old rabbit roam freely around the house, only locking him up when guests arrive. So when Rabbit was heard frantically scratching at Gary and Michelle's bedroom door, they knew something was up. A fire had been spreading throughout their newly renovated home, and was quickly approaching their bedroom. Rabbit's scratches got them all out of the house safely with only mild smoke inhalation. I know first hand how smart rabbits are, so I'm not completely surprised that these little creatures can be lifesavers! Thanks CoralAmber for the tip!