- Vintage fashion ads with sex appeal
- How to peel tomatoes, in pictures
- Victoria Beckham celebrates another successful show with Harper
- The chignon-ponytail hybrid you'll wear again and again
- Super-chic lightweight Fall maternity jackets
- Bold prints, bright hues, and quirky specs rule at J.Crew's peppy (preppy) Spring
- Must-have items for a stylish, comfortable guest bedroom
- Video: Blake Lively talks kids — plus, costars react to her surprise wedding!
- Our TIFF review of Silver Linings Playbook with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper
- Where to buy discount designer clothes online
- Hit the hiking trail outfitted like a pro
- CelebStyle: Celebrities in sheer peplum dresses — shop the look for nighttime
- Transform iPhone snaps into true-blue Polaroids
- Costume change: animals whose colors adapt with the season
- Prepare your wardrobe for the rainy Fall days ahead
It’s time to get real. Most of us aren’t lucky enough to have retained the hair color we were born with. But that doesn’t mean we can’t (convincingly) fake it! With 30 shades to choose from, including the Salon Blends Collection, customized shades previously only available at the salon, the experts at John Frieda® Precision Foam Colour are here to save the day. Complete their Shade Selector to find the ideal shade of no-drip, rich foam hair color to cover up your grays and achieve salon-quality color at home! Between us gals, John Frieda® Precision Foam Colour will be our little secret — our secret to achieving and maintaining comparable hair to the strands we were born with!
He entertained us with a paw-some salutation for James Bond during the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, and this weekend Great Britain's royal palace released the sad news that Monty, one of Queen Elizabeth II's beloved Pembroke Welsh Corgis, has passed away.
A celebrated animal lover, the queen has been flanked by this smiley-faced breed since 1944, when she received a puppy named Susan for her 18th birthday. Since then, Susan's progeny of Corgis and Dorgis (Dachshund/Corgi mixes) have accompanied their regal matriarch around the royal family's many homes and even on the queen's honeymoon! Today, Monty is survived by the queen's two Corgis, Willow and Holly, and two Dorgis, Candy and Vulcan. To memorialize this favorite royal pet, we're taking a look back at the queen and her dogs throughout the years. Rest in peace, little one!
Source: International Olympic Committee
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
Now here's a subject you never thought you'd hear about in conjunction with New York Fashion Week: cat litter. Let's face it: it's not the most stylish of subjects. And neither is cleaning out the litter box, though it's a necessary responsibility of being a pet parent. The good news is that — in addition to eco-fabulous cat litter options — there are a wealth of fashionable and functional litter box choices that go beyond the old pan-and-gravel standbys. So just in time for the kickoff of NYFW festivities, we thought we'd highlight our picks of the . . . er, litter.
- Films to look forward to this Fall
- How to make easy Champagne risotto
- Katy Perry and John Mayer do date night despite breakup rumors
- Fall for all the new nail colors of September
- Hot Dem! Good-looking liberals we love to love
- See Drew Barrymore's lovely, laid-back maternity style
- Ways to wear Fall's totally chic (and comfy) loose trousers
- Get the Treaty Room's classically cozy appeal
- Video: Kirsten, Isla, and Lizzy on good friends — plus, new On the Road info!
- Ways to save on gear for a new baby
- Try these MPG capris: tailor-made for the dancer in you
- CelebStyle: Hollywood's affair with Céline's luggage tote continues
- When high fashion meets tech
- A maxi skirt fit for the season
Quick! That quintet of quail crossing the quay: what's it called? If you said "flock," you've got some learning to do! Today, we're taking you back to school to fish for answers in our quiz about obscure names for groups of animals. So while we could talk in terms of bands and herds, we're not letting you off so easy. From muster to murder, get started now!Take the Quiz
Though the autumnal equinox is still a few weeks away, the Labor Day weekend and cooling temperatures have us looking forward to Fall. And while our kitties are snug at home, our favorite tongue- and tail-waggers still must brave the chill for exercise and bathroom trips. So this month, we're dedicating our Fall picks to our fearless four-legged friends who will withstand whatever weather nature throws at them for some outdoor fun!
If you and your pup find yourselves with time on your hands today, then celebrate and make it a play day! There are plenty of outdoor activities to take part in, even if Labor Day traditionally signals the end of Summer. Take a cue from one of these outside playdate ideas, or take your best friend on one of your favorite outings. Whatever your choice, get out and have some fun!