It's time to get clever! A picture is worth a thousand words, but those messages vary from person to person. What do you think this horsey is thinking or doing? Offer your sayings or quotes for this funny photo in your comments below, and I'll do a roundup next week of some of my faves.
I'm not usually a fan of talking animals since it's less than realistic, but this intentionally fake-looking video totally cracked me up! Check out these chatty cats and see how many lines you can recognize from tough-guy flicks.
Now see the doggie version when you read more
- Jaws. Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the lawn. — fuzzles
- Well that's one way to stop him from barking . . . — frumpydarling
- Your tonsils look fine to me. — Julie12345
Source: Flickr User hernan.mojarro
Nothing beats cool water on a hot day, right? While I add ice cubes to my pup's bowl, I do wish I had a garden hose to offer cool running water all the time. I've see a fountain attachment to add to the spigot for people to turn on and off, but this one puts busy paws to good use.
With the Doggie Fountain ($40), when pups step on the metal plate, water comes up, and it can be adjusted by controlling water pressure so they won't get splashed in the face. Is this super cool or are you chilly about the idea?
Some people have the pick of the litter . . . literally! With breeders and broods born in shelters, many times the pups are available for viewing before they're ready for the taking. I actually saw pics of North's family shortly after birth — three girls and one boy — then met them a bit later to pick him out and took my bundle of joy home a couple weeks after that. Share your story below!
- Cameras, cameras everywhere on G.K., Franny, and Sharkey — The Daily Wag
- Don't rely on cat Lassie to solve any problems — People Pets
- Do you know what cryptorchidism is? — Fully Vetted
- Join the Italian Greyhound puppy party! — Paw Nation
- Is your house fully cat-proofed? — Dog Time