Make it the most wonderful time of the year with a roundup of our December must haves! If you're looking for glamorous gift ideas to coordinate with your fashion finds, look no further than our selection of glitzy tech accessories. A gold Kate Spade USB and Rebecca Minkoff headphones? Yes, please. When you're not burning calories at the mall this shopping season, exercise outside and stay dry with waterproof gear. The holidays wouldn't be the holidays without some rest and relaxation, though, so we're making time to throw our feet up on a New Zealand wool pouf and sip on homemade bitters. Click through and discover the best of what December has to offer!
Deck the halls — it's time to get in the holiday spirit! And you can spread the love throughout the entire month with these festive pet products. 'Tis the season for holiday cheer, which includes tasty pet treats and perfect gifts for everyone on your animal-loving list. Click through for our December pet picks.
We're all searching for the best presents for our loved ones this holiday, and the POPSUGAR Must Have box is the perfect gift for any special lady on your list. With these amazing deals, you can check everyone off your list.
Give one box or a whole year of POPSUGAR Must Have — we've got you covered at any price. With the gift of fashion, beauty, home, food, and fitness every month, what's not to love? Use the codes below, and start gifting!
Valid through 11:59 p.m. PST Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, or while supplies last. Code may not be applied to previous Must Have box purchases. Code may not be used with any other promotional codes, discounts, coupons, or offers and must be redeemed by the date published herein.
- A square meal: Make a plate with all the fixings for your four-legged friend. Chopped turkey without bones, stuffing, and mashed sweet potatoes are safe for your dog to eat. And if your pup enjoys the tart flavor of cranberries, toss a spoonful in the doggy dish, too.
- Doggie gobblers: You can also use leftover turkey to mix together treats, which are perfect as a meal or snack. Combine six ounces of cooked and chopped turkey with one cup mashed potatoes, one cup cooked carrots, two cups oats, and one large egg and blend until smooth. Lightly grease a muffin tin, spoon the mixture into cups, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes in a 350°F oven.
We're happy to present this article from our partners at Yahoo! Shine:
Photographer Sophie Gamand says she's always loved dogs, but didn't know they would become her main subject. "It started by accident," she tells Yahoo Shine, "I had just moved to Brooklyn from Europe and was looking to shoot something in the neighborhood when I walked into a vet clinic and this little dog peeked around the counter. His eyes were so expressive and worried." Now, three years later, she's obsessed with exploring the intense bond between humans and dogs and says that "dogs provide an endless supply of stories." She does about 50 percent of her work for charity, photographing shelter animals in New York and helping find homes for strays from Puerto Rico for the rescue group The Sato Project.
Her latest series, Wet Dog, is her most popular so far. While some projects take more than a year, she snapped these photos of dogs being washed over one very long, very wet day in September collaborating with Bronx-based groomer Ruben Santana and posted them on her website earlier this month. "I was giggling the whole time behind the camera," she says. Pet lovers from around the world have contacted her to praise the work, but she says a few people accuse her of being cruel or exploitative. "If you have a certain breed and you are living in the city, they have to be washed and trimmed," she counters. "And groomers are the first line of defense: they find cuts and scratches, check their teeth, clean their ears...." The dogs may not be thrilled with being washed, but they accept what their humans want—and that's an aspect that fascinates Gamand. "Some of the dogs in Puerto Rico are so abused and neglected, but if you offer a kind hand, they still wag their tales and come to you with an open heart."
—Sarah B. Weir
It's a fact we can't deny: some pets are just more fashionable than others. So, this holiday season, when a squeaky chew toy just won't do, we're bringing out the industry big guns — do Ralph Lauren, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton ring any bells? — to help you give a gift worthy of your most fabulous feline or discerning dog. Click through for the ultimate designer pet accessories that bring new meaning to "best in show."
From silly cats to celebrities cuddling with their adorable dogs, there was lots to be thankful for this November. And we caught a few of our favorite famous pets enjoying themselves, too. After noshing Thanksgiving turkey, kick back and catch up with a few celebrities and their furry friends.
- Black Widow leads the ladies of Marvel Universe Live — Tech
- The latest members of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie cast — Entertainment
- Perfect presents for women in their 40s — Beauty UK
- Spread the love with romantic prints — Love & Sex
- Free apps essential for surviving Black Friday — Smart Living
- Holiday cards pretty enough to frame — Home
- How to get back on track after Thanksgiving — Fitness
- See how the stars celebrated Turkey Day — Celebrity & News
- Cyber Monday beauty deals to bookmark — Beauty
- Kid-friendly recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers — Moms
- Gifts to get from Neiman Marcus's catalog — Food
- Comfy and cute alternatives to sweatpants — Fashion
Grab your smartphone, carve the turkey, and get snapping. Upload your pictures to Instagram, remembering to tag them with #POPSUGARPets, and next week we'll share our favorite Thanksgiving pet picture. And, of course, follow POPSUGAR Pets on Instagram for pet inspiration and cute pictures of our favorite animals.
Everyone knows a nap is perfectly acceptable after a big Thanksgiving meal. Along with being absolutely adorable, these pictures of pets sleeping are packed with snooze overload. So kick back, gather your friends and family, and click through this darling collection of pets dozing — perfect for enjoying after your Turkey Day feast.