As an animal lover, I understand that pets are important fixtures in people's lives and feel a connection with those furry faces I can recognize on sight. Some creatures are known for their famous owners, while others are famous in their own right. Fondly remember eight who passed on this year (listed left to right and top to bottom) and honor the one you miss the most.Sources: Getty, Facebook User Kathy Griffin, Twitter User rosemcgowan, Twitpic User MissKellyO, and Dispatches From the Island
- Sneak peek of Jinx's best Little Fockers moments — People Pets
- 9 common concerns when caring for an aging cat — Paw Nation
- Awesome DIY climbable Christmas tree — moderncat
- 30 furry newsmakers of 2010 — BuzzFeed
- Rat massage is super sweet — Pawesome
- Cool and unique DIY gift ideas for pet lovers — Fully Vetted
- Do fewer cat owners buy presents than dog owners — Bundle
Fostering a pet is a great way for a dedicated animal lover to show she cares enough not to promise a forever home if it's not realistic. While this generosity helps with temperament checks, socialization and other things, it is not something that all shelters and rescues have as an option. Have you done it yourself?
Want to know what North and I are up to every hour of the day? Can't get enough cute animals and wild news? Well now you can follow us!
Just sign up or log in to your Twitter account and follow PetSugar by clicking here. If you're new to Twitter it's the best way to know what's happening over at Sugar HQ and find new friends and stars to follow every day. We'll be updating around the clock — so make like a birdie and start tweeting!
- Edible gifts: whip up a crowd pleasing batch of savory bacon cookies
- Best of 2010: top 10 trends of the year
- Tech treats for $200 or less
- Alternative places to hang holiday ornaments
- Bottoms up! Top TV bars I'd like to frequent
- Video: Kate Bosworth's surprising stylist — her father!
- Three great beauty gifts under $40
- The secret to a perfect New Year's Eve kiss
- What moms really want for the holidays
- Easy tips to creating a job for yourself
- Emotional eating: how to regain control
- 3 wintertime activities to avoid and 3 to enjoy with your dogs
- Awesome Christmas gifts for the Star Wars geek
- Gwyneth Paltrow shines accepting her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame