I love seeing all your cute pets in Pet Pic of the Day, but I've got a special challenge for our Dress Up Extravaganza! group in the spirit of the season. Please add photos of your furry (or feathered or fishy) friends enjoying the chilly weather — snow, Santa, trees, (unlit) menorahs — whatever makes you think of Winter; I want to see it. After all, it's the season of giving, so give back to me!To learn how to join and contribute your cute and wintry pics, just read more
- Geeky gifts $25 and under
- Video: Gwyneth Paltrow talks about returning to Glee
- Yum shares their favorite reader photos of the year!
- Taylor Swift's trick for perfect eyeliner
- Great gift ideas for the men in your life
- Beautiful and enticing kid-friendly holiday food
- How to dress on a warm Winter getaway!
- Inspiring holiday mantels you'll love
- Even Kanye West has a Christmas song!
- Memberships, subscriptions, and more: ask for these 8 money-saving gifts
- Fit tip: how to stay healthy at holiday parties
- Holly jolly Santa costumes for your pets
- Warm up with a hearty vegan vegetable soup
- Angelina Jolie stays in black for another Tourist premiere with Brad!
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
This year was full of fun trivia — what better way to learn about breeds than with adorable photos?! Go back and take our most popular super quizzes and you'll be smiling 'til the new year comes.
Ho, ho, ho, it's Santa
Claus Paws! Whether you're bringing your four-legged friend to a holiday party or just decking him out for Christmas family gatherings, there are plenty of Saint Nick-inspired hats and coats to festively outfit your furball. I'm especially smitten with this faux-fur-trimmed fleece Santa Paws Dog Costume ($25), but a Bearded Santa Hat ($12) is sure to elicit a chuckle or two. And for just a little bit of Xmas flair, a Red Santa Dog Scarf ($10) or a sweet knit Santa hat ($26) could be just the ticket for pets not in the full-costume mood. Click the rest of the images above to shop the look!
This got me thinking about the village of people that help in each pet's life. Be it a dog's trainer, walker, vet, or even the human mom to a furry BFF, where (if anywhere) do you draw the friendship line?
Let's kick off the morning by playing the Which Pet Is Cuter? game — I know I could use a smile right now. This faceoff shows two pets side by side, and it's up to you to click on the one you think is the cutest. Each time you select the pet with the higher "cuteness" score — based on our audience's votes (we don't have a secret cute meter) — your score adds up! Need I mention, every time you play, you're eligible to win big? We'll be giving away a $500 grand prize every month — you must be logged in, and you'll be entered once each time you play. (Check out the official rules here.)
If you think your pet has a winning mug, you can add him to the site, and he can be added to the game. Keep 'em coming because I love seeing new pets on our site!
- Give your LBD a break with 15 Fab-approved alternatives
- Edible gifts: brioche and herbed butter
- Best of 2010: wedding season advice for brides, friends, and family
- Tips for surviving Winter break with your kids
- Video: an easy, pretty makeup look perfect for the holidays
- Sneak a peek at the West Elm 2011 collection!
- 50 Hottest bikini moments of 2010
- Bartowski vs. Bass: how well do you know your Chucks?
- Dunder Mifflin gifts for The Office addict
- Natalie Portman's Black Swan ballet training techniques
- Who's the oddest zoo baby of the year?
- Facebook releases top status trends for 2010
- Layering tips for staying warm without adding bulk
- Biggest Golden Globe nomination snubs, surprises, and more