Lily likes to hide . . . a lot.
So many dogs, so little time! See if you can identify the more popular breed from the photo choices, while checking out the cute dogs in the process, and play our Which Dog Breed Is More Popular? game. That's what I call a win-win.
Need I mention, every time you play, you're eligible to take home big bucks? We'll be giving away a $500 grand prize every month — you must be logged in, and you'll be entered once each time you play. (Check out the official rules here.) What are you waiting for? Get started!
If you're hitting the highway with your pooch, there are some tips you should keep in mind. We gave some of our advice for traveling with cats, but for the canine companions we've gone to an expert. Heidi Ganahl, CEO and founder of Camp Bow Wow, shares her know-how on driving with doggies below!
- Don't Throw Caution to the Wind: Be careful with car windows. Fido loves to stick his head outside of the car, but this can be dangerous. One of the most common driving-related injuries is caused by flying debris. In worst case scenarios, this can lead to blindness or nerve damage.
- Invest in a Pet Harness: A pet harness keeps you and your dog safe. According to AAA, unrestrained animals lead to 30,000 accidents annually. This can also prevent your pup from wreaking havoc in your car.
- Pack Provisions: Make sure that you have plenty of water and food for your pup, especially when driving long distances. To avoid a backseat mishap, stop at a rest area to feed and water your dog. Never try to feed your dog while driving; it will only create a mess that you'll later regret.
- Prevent an "Accident": If you're worried that your dog will go to the bathroom inside the car, always make sure to take Fido for a walk beforehand. Also, if you are going on a longer trip, avoid feeding your pet two hours before you get into the car.
For the rest of Heidi's tips, read more
So many teeny, tiny pups, but how well do you know the members of the Toy Group? Test your ID skills and see a whole lot of cuteness, too!
These sunglass-sporting dogs inspired me to post this pic of my friend's dog, Edgar!
Don't these tigers look just like giant cozy kitties all snuggled up together? It was a Winter-white snow day at the Bronx Zoo, and while some animals like to play in the snow, these felines are keeping it mellow. See the purrrrty pictures below!
It's National Dress Up Your Pet Day, and in honor of the fur-style special occasion, I'm rounding up your best shots of your four-legged companions enjoying the Winter months. We asked for your favorite cold-weather pics in our Dress Up and Play Extravaganza group, and you delivered! Click through the dressed-up pets now!
- 50 of the most iconic Golden Globes gowns of all time!
- Video: Sandra Bullock carries her very bundled up little Louis
- Three reasons why you should try gunmetal eye shadow
- 10 delicious vegetarian entrées
- It's in the stars: why your astrological sign may have changed!
- 5 tips for getting your family on a text-messaging detox
- A look at interior designer Jennifer Post's gorgeous NYC abode
- Who makes a hotter Spider-Man: Andrew Garfield or Tobey Maguire?
- Why tax season can be a great time to talk money with your honey
- 3 moves to slim and shape your obliques
- How one family's pet ram found true happiness
- No cable? No problem: how to watch all the best Golden Globes coverage online
- One reader shares her fit goals for 2011
- Prove you're Jennifer Aniston's biggest fan and win a chance to meet her in person!