If you're one of the unlucky ones who had to drag yourself into work on this Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, the temptation to stay snuggled in bed may have been overwhelming this morning. Luckily, if you're an adoro pup or a cuddly kitten, you don't have to resist! Live vicariously through these snoozing furballs and fight the Monday blues when you start the slideshow.
I love my new dog, Asher. My best friend almost ran him over on a busy highway and got out and called to him. He ran right up to her, and as he got close she saw how dirty he was. He had over 30 ticks, the size of quarters, he was so dirty! She cleaned him and got rid all of the ticks. We decided that Asher had to have had a home when my friend found him, though, because he was well fed, and was wearing a collar (which was too big for him and old). She gave him to me and I fell in love immediately.
He has all of his shots now and is healthy, but one problem . . . he is SO abrasive! He wants to be on my chest at alll time. I have to literally lay with my hand on him, pushing him away as he puts all of his weight on it. I give him lots of love but he always wants more. He is just so attention- and love-hungry because he has been ignored all of his life. Any suggestions on how to calm him down a little? He isn't neutered yet, maybe it will get better when I get him fixed. Let me know what you think!
Nothing says "my life is awesome!" like playing Catopoly with your cat, amIright?
- ARIES: March 21st - April 19th
You're having a hard time focusing on Monday, which could make your pet nervous. Try to set a calming mood in the house or their pet area at the beginning of the week so they don't feel your tension. Your energy level and mood rises between Tuesday and Saturday, making these days perfect for fun and exercise with your animal pal. Be sure to keep their size in mind when planning a road trip - they may not be welcome everywhere.
- TAURUS: April 20th - May 20th
You're a pet pioneer on Monday. Use the day to patent a pet product or register a pet-related trademark. Frustration sets in on Tuesday and Wednesday when you give your pet the same command you've always given them and they look at you with a blank stare. Keep at it - your efforts will pay off later in the week. Your ambition about a new pet project shows on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and you should be able to expect lots of help with the small details.
- GEMINI: May 21st - June 21st
Something weird is going on with your pet on Monday, but you might not find out the reasons behind their unusual behavior until later in the week. You're very compassionate toward animals on Tuesday and Wednesday, especially if they're being hurt in any way. Take up a cause at the end of the week and don't stop until you've reached your goal. The sky's the limit as you work toward an animal goal between Thursday and Saturday.
To see the remaining signs read more
This is the most expressive little face I've ever seen! I dare you to watch it just once.
See? I knew you couldn't stop at one!
So many dogs, so little time! See if you can identify the more popular breed from the photo choices, while checking out the cute dogs in the process, and play our Which Dog Breed Is More Popular? game. That's what I call a win-win.
Need I mention, every time you play, you're eligible to take home big bucks? We'll be giving away a $500 grand prize every month — you must be logged in, and you'll be entered once each time you play. (Check out the official rules here.) What are you waiting for? Get started!
If you're hitting the highway with your pooch, there are some tips you should keep in mind. We gave some of our advice for traveling with cats, but for the canine companions we've gone to an expert. Heidi Ganahl, CEO and founder of Camp Bow Wow, shares her know-how on driving with doggies below!
- Don't Throw Caution to the Wind: Be careful with car windows. Fido loves to stick his head outside of the car, but this can be dangerous. One of the most common driving-related injuries is caused by flying debris. In worst case scenarios, this can lead to blindness or nerve damage.
- Invest in a Pet Harness: A pet harness keeps you and your dog safe. According to AAA, unrestrained animals lead to 30,000 accidents annually. This can also prevent your pup from wreaking havoc in your car.
- Pack Provisions: Make sure that you have plenty of water and food for your pup, especially when driving long distances. To avoid a backseat mishap, stop at a rest area to feed and water your dog. Never try to feed your dog while driving; it will only create a mess that you'll later regret.
- Prevent an "Accident": If you're worried that your dog will go to the bathroom inside the car, always make sure to take Fido for a walk beforehand. Also, if you are going on a longer trip, avoid feeding your pet two hours before you get into the car.
For the rest of Heidi's tips, read more
So many teeny, tiny pups, but how well do you know the members of the Toy Group? Test your ID skills and see a whole lot of cuteness, too!
These sunglass-sporting dogs inspired me to post this pic of my friend's dog, Edgar!