Pan has taken advantage of the great weather around Los Angeles this year.
Here are some of pictures of our hikes through the Santa Monica and Angeles Mountains.
Will the battle against pet hair ever end?! If there's one pet predicament we all face, it's cleaning up pet hair. How do you know which vacuums will do the best job on carpet and hardwood floors? See my top 10 picks with powerful suction to suck up this hairy situation. See one you love or hate? Be sure to share your opinions or reviews for fellow pet owners!
Source: Flickr User Denis Dervisevic
March Madness is in full effect, but humans aren't the only ones who can get in on the action! Watching pups frolic and play definitely tops my list of all-time favorite things to do. I've rounded up a few fun pics of dogs doing what they do best — playing ball! Get to clicking.
Between Boo, Beast, Luna, Maru, and Giggy, there is some ruff competition for who's the top pet Internet sensation. From box-obsessed Maru to fashionable Luna to Mark Zuckerberg's Beast and Pomeranians Boo and Giggy, to make it as top dog (or cat) it's not enough to be an adorable furball, you gotta have style and social media skills to boot! Click through this slideshow of our favorite pet celebs and then tell us who's your pick!
- Five toys to add to your infant's collection now!
- The basics on baking chocolate cake
- Renée Zellweger is among Reese and Jim's wedding guests!
- 20 funny suggestions for Kim Kardashian's next fragrance
- Shakespeare is the real father of adolescence
- Alexander Wang on his favorite singers and Spring essentials
- Outdoor decorating ideas from the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show
- Check out Orlando Bloom in the new Three Musketeers trailer
- Video: Casey Abrams and his shocking night on American Idol
- Nine items a forgetful person needs in their office
- Celeb trainer Gunnar Peterson and the bodies he keeps curvy!
- City: Great Spring spots to welcome warm weather in NYC
- Organize your life: home office edition
- Learn how to make a bok choy skillet supper
It's important to keep a healthy work-life balance, and if you can't take a walk in the park, you should take a page from Yale Law School and spend some time with a four-legged friend. The school is testing out the idea of therapy dogs, and will have a dog named Monty that can be rented out to stressed students for 30-minute intervals starting Monday, reports the New York Times.
The dog will be placed in a private area of the library, but students might have to rush to sign up for slots as the trial will only last for three days. “It is well documented that visits from therapy dogs have resulted in increased happiness, calmness and overall emotional well-being,” librarian Blair Kauffman said in an email.
This type of arrangement might not be good for Monty's mental health, but I think the idea of having animals to relieve stress is definitely a good one. Instead of "renting" out animals, offer to pet sit for your friend or neighbor and you can also choose to volunteer at a local pet shelter.
Today is National Puppy Day! So to get in on the puppy fun, try your hand at our puppy breed quizzes! Now that you've mastered the Working Group, Terriers, and the Toy Group, what will these babies be . . . all grown up?! Examine the lil puppy faces and see if you can predict which breed they'll grow into — so much cute, just chalk it up to learning's sake!