While my house is feline-free, I've got plenty of friends with kitty housemates. Most of the time, they're pretty receptive to my friendly gestures, but here are a couple easy tips I've learned the hard — or should I say sharp? — way.First off, accept that your meeting will take place on kitty's terms. Don't bound over to the cat like an eager puppy, instead wait or slowly approach the feline and let her choose to come meet'n'greet. Sometimes these love connections just don't happen, no matter how much we hope for them. Lemme hold your hand and tell you how to hold your hand when reaching and read more
Two European cities recently welcomed adorable baby elephants to their zoos. Both the calves and their mommies are doing great! As you can see from these loving photos, elephant mothers are very attentive caregivers. I wish I could meet these little guys in person. It seems like the perfect excuse for a European excursion.
- See photos from royal graduation ceremonies
- Top food trends for Fall from Food Network chefs
- Victoria Beckham shows baby Harper around NYC
- Backstage beauty tips from Charlotte Ronson
- Check out Bryce Dallas Howard's maternity style
- See what Diane von Furstenberg sent down the runway
- David Bowie inspires an apartment building!
- Jude, Tom, Ryan, and Justin are coming to big screens this Fall
- Video: Catching up with Charlotte Ronson during New York Fashion Week
- A one-stop guide for saving on holiday travel
- How Dancing With the Stars helps celebs get fit
- How to safely pick up a cat
- City: Alice Waters and the Selby team up for a shoot in SF!
- Would you wear this Rubiks Cube handbag?
So what's the best way to approach and pick up a kitty pal? Find out when you read more
That's where this Puppy Bumper ($24) comes into the scene. Reminding me of a floaty device for kids learning to swim, it's stuffed solid and lets her head wriggle through . . . but that's all. Do you think this gem's genius or are you planning a do-it-yourself solution instead?
The 2011 Emmys are just around the corner, but before the trophies are passed out on Sept. 18, we're giving you a chance to predict the winners. The TV-savvy participant who gets the most guesses correct will win a brand-new TV of his or her very own! Just think — this time next year, you could be watching the show on a beautiful 40-inch Samsung smart LED HDTV! All you have to do is click over to our ballot and start making your picks. You must be a community member to play (click here to sign up if you are not a member yet), and go here for the official rules. Good luck!
And don't forget the day of the Emmy broadcast, you can catch all the red carpet scoop with the PopSugar Network's LIVE red carpet stream and continue to get a behind-the-scenes look at the show with Emmys.com Backstage LIVE coverage!
Despite where your mind may have just gone, this is not a competition to find the next Easter bunny. The Annual Rommerz Rabbit Hopping Competition takes place in Rommerz, Germany. Eighty rabbits competed in three different categories at the tournament. Rabbit hopping is a growing trend among pet rabbit owners in Central Europe. (I wonder if this one will make its way to the USA anytime soon.) These talented rabbits have got some serious skills. Check these pictures of the fierce hoppity competition. Prepare to be impressed with their high jumps and cute faces!
Pets provide endless hours of entertainment but, keep in mind, what's funny to us, may not always be fun for them! When frolicking with a feline, feathers and other temptations are commonplace, but you've got to let her (or him) win!
I don't mean always giving in and tossing over the
prey toy, but think how annoying keep away is . . . if you always keep it away.
Get three playful tips to remember when you read more
- Top picks from the Missoni for Target collection!
- How to best enjoy eggplant at the end of the Summer
- Brad and Angelina take their kids to see The Smurfs
- Would you wear Donald Trump nail polish?
- President Obama shares a sweet moment with Sasha
- The maternity clothes that capture Fall's hottest trends
- Prep for Fashion Week with a look at Alexander Wang's runway retrospective
- Seven movie stars you must see on TV this Fall
- Video: Birthday girl Beyoncé's sexiest video moments
- Financial habits for 20-somethings entering the workplace
- Ab exercises to try instead of crunches!
- Toys your pet can use as a water bottle
- City: Find out where Rachel Bilson gets her fresh juice in LA!
- The online tools that will help you plan a unique vacation